What is it?
TriggerPoint is a small piece of software that can run minimized on a computer and enable remote or pre-programmed automatic operation of PowerPoint presentations.
Possible uses for TriggerPoint include simplifying a show-control setup where one operator is controlling multiple consoles. Simply install TriggerPoint on the computer with the PowerPoint presentation, run it in the background, then configure your compatible lighting console or sound playback system to send supported commands to TriggerPoint in order to control your PowerPoint presentation.
- ASCII Control over a PowerPoint Presentation via a serial COM port
- Lighting consoles such as the Strand 300, 500 and Pallette series can output ASCII strings via macros and control TriggerPoint
- Sound software such as Show Cue System can output ASCII strings and control TriggerPoint
- Telnet control via TCP/IP
- Software such as QLab can control TriggerPoint over a network using Telnet commands invoked by Applescript
- TriggerPoint Lite version allows the following control of a PowerPoint presentation:
- TriggerPoint Professional version allows the following control of a PowerPoint presentation:
- Go to first slide
- Go to next slide
- Go to previous slide
- Go to last slide
- Go to slide number
- Remote control of a presentation over a network via TriggerNode
TriggerPoint has been tested on the following systems:
With the following versions of PowerPoint:
- PowerPoint for Windows 2003
- PowerPoint for Windows 2010
- PowerPoint for Mac 2008
If your system is not listed here, please feel free to download TriggerPoint Lite, and try it out. If you find that it works for you, I would appreciate it if you could let me know what you are running and I'll add it to the list!
There are two different options for downloading TriggerPoint Lite (the free version):
TriggerNode is also available for OS X or Windows:
We strongly suggest that you download and try TriggerPoint Lite to check that it is compatible with your system before buying Pro.
TriggerPoint Pro is available to buy for £5. There are two different options for purchasing TriggerPoint Professional:
Please click on the above links to be taken to my online shop at E-Junkie, where you can pay via Paypal (a Paypal account is not required). Once you have completed checkout, you will be emailed a link to download TriggerPoint Pro, and a serial number.
Note that online activation will be required once you have installed TriggerPoint Pro, as described in the manual.